Copied and pasted from my Facebook Page:
Today I turned 59 and will begin my 60th year. Hard to believe how many years and experiences that number encompasses. I was a tad homesick when I got up this morning , but the day unfolded with a lot of firsts:
1. Hearing and seeing bull elk fight for their harem.
2. Candle on a pancake
3. Catching snowflakes on my tongue on my “September” birthday
4. Driving through a snowstorm on my “September” birthday
5. Hiking on a part of the Continental Divide Trail
6. Having a raven mimic me
7. Drinking a white chocolate caramel cappuccino…yummy!
Todays adventure began at 5 am with the goal of sighting animals and aspens. For the record, we spotted:
Elks (see video/watch till end)
Plus…magpies, black birds, turkey vultures, hawk, raven, ducks, AND we smelled a skunk and heard several squirrels.
As far as the aspens…beautiful yellows, oranges and reds.
After the hike, we drove until we found a spot by the river to eat lunch.
When we arrived back in Estes, we stopped for a birthday drink. The weather turned colder again, but I had my heart set on sitting outside.
Back at the campsite we enjoyed a fire and a nice view of the almost full moon!